Kitty Pozer, daughter of Kate Waller Barrett, a prominent social reformer, deeded the beautiful Kitty Pozer Garden to the City in 1973. The gardens formed part of the last privately owned residences along Main St, the Ratcliffe-Allison House. Built by Richard Ratcliffe in 1812, this house is one of the City’s oldest residences.
The gardens are seasonally maintained by the City and now house the focal Rotary Clock. The gardens provide a wonderful backdrop for weddings, functions and special events throughout the year—in conjunction with Old Town Hall.